Program Educational Objectives
- To provide students with a solid foundation in Basic Sciences, Mathematics to analyze, synthesize and evaluate the information to achieve expertise in core areas of Civil Engineering.
- To equip students with modern professional abilities such as effective communication, collaborative work in diverse teams, ethical decision making, successful management of personal and professional career objectives and passion for continuous development through lifelong learning.
- To prepare the students to achieve high level technical expertise in the fields of Environmental Engineering, Geo-Technical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Water Resources Engineering and to excel in the design and construction of various components or systems of Civil Engineering.
- To provide expertise through learning advanced courses in various streams of Civil Engineering, by offering elective subjects with a view to make the students capable of pursuing higher studies and research.
- To provide opportunities for students to learn multidisciplinary subjects such as Elements of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, C Programming & Data Structures and other open electives to make them a complete engineer.
- To establish acquaintance with the practical implementation of the theoretical concepts through laboratories, by bringing the real world into the academics through virtual industry labs and to enhance experimental skills of students beyond curriculum and encouraging them to carryout mini and major projects.
- To prepare the students to guide their professional development by bringing awareness of professional society activities, professional licensure requirements and opportunities for further education in graduate school.