VNR VJIET AQAR 2015-16
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was inaugurated at the V.N.R. Vignana Jyothi Institute of Engineering & Technology, Bachupally, Hyderabad on May 18, 2013 by Dr. G. Srinivas, Joint-Secretary of University Grants Commission (UGC), South Eastern Regional Office (SERO). The IQAC is located in the Room B-116, the first floor of Patrons’ Bhavan. The Principal of VNRVJIET, Dr. C.D. Naidu is the Chairperson and Dr. C. Kiran, Associate Professor with the Department of Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering is the co-ordinator of the IQAC. The IQAC Committee includes all stakeholders of the Institute, i.e. students, alumni, all Department and Section Heads also including the Library, Sports, Students Hostel, Examination & Evaluation, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, members of the Management and Administration, and members of local community and industry experts.
The broadly defined objectives of IQAC include (but are not limited to):
To develop a system for conscious, consistent, and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To create a quality culture
- To channelize the efforts and measures of the institution towards academic excellence
- To become a potential vehicle for ushering in quality by working out intervention strategies to remove deficiencies and enhance quality.
In order to ensure quality sustenance and enhancement, IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programs.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programs for various sections of the society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services.
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
The primary functions of the IQAC include (but are not limited to):
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality-related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programs/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality-related activities.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.
IQAC will facilitate/contribute:
- To a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture.
- To the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices.
- To provide a sound basis for decision making to improve institutional functioning.
- To act as a change agent in the institution.
- To better internal communication.
Dr.Poonam Upadhyay, Coordinator, Internal Quality Assurance Cell
VNR Vignana Jyothi Institute of Engineering & Technology.
Vignana Jyothi Nagar, Bachupally, Nizampet (S.O.).
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
Office Phone: +914023042758/59/60 Extn. 2050.