Department of Information Technology offers
- B.Tech (Information Technology) with an intake of 60.
- M.Tech (CNIS) with an intake of 18.
M.Tech (Computer Networks and Information Security)
An exclusive PG Block with well equipped with Class Rooms, Laboratories, Computer Centers, Seminar Halls-Class Room, Faculty Rooms ,etc have been constructed to cater the needs of twelve PG Programs..
About the Department:
The department offers B.Tech courses in IT and M.Tech courses in CNIS. The department is having the following well equipped laboratories
1) Database Mamangement Systems Lab
2) Operating systems Lab
3) Unix programming Lab
4) Advanced Data structures Lab
5) Computer Network and IS Lab
6) Object Oriented Aanalysis and Design Lab
7) Information Technology Workshop Lab
8) Projects Lab
9) Data Mining Lab
10) Internet Lab
About the Course:
The department of IT has started a two year M.Tech programme in CNIS from the academic year 2013-2014, with an annual intake of 18 students.The lab also provides internet facility with 100 Mbps leased line from BSNL. The syllabus is designed to cater to the contemporary requirements of the industry by handling courses like Principles of information security , Advanced Computer Networks , Network Security , Wireless Networks and Mobile Computing among others.
B.E or B.Tech in IT / CSE / ECE / EEE
Mode of Selection:
1. Admission is based on GATE percentile/PGECET.
2. Sponsored candidates shall be treated as Non GATE candidates and five seats for this category.
3. Vacancies arising in seats allotted for GATE passed candidates will be filled up by the Non GATE candidates. The selection of Non GATE candidates is based on the performance in the interview.
A stipend of Rs. 15,000/- p.m. may be sanctioned by A.I.C.T.E for candidates with GATE score admitted under General & SC/ST category.