DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING

M.Tech - VLSI System Design Programme details







About Programme Coordinator:

Dr. L. Padma Sree

Professor,ECE Dept.

Email ID:padmasree_l@vnrvjiet.in

Phone no. :09441253587

About the Programme:

 The department of ECE has started a two year M.Tech programme in VLSI from the academic year 2003-2004, with an annual intake of 18 students. The Courses offer the right blend of classroom teaching, hands on experience and workplace dynamics. Well equipped laboratory atmosphere will help the students to meet research standards. The syllabus is designed to cater to the contemporary requirements of the industry by handling courses like VLSI Technology, Digital system design, Analog VLSI Design and Microcontrollers among others. All the systems in the laboratory support Internet facility.

Programme Educational Objectives:

The Post-graduate in VLSI system design will be able to:

PEO 1: Demonstrate outstanding educational and analytical skills that will enable them to integrate undergraduate fundamentals to evaluate analyze and solve real time problems in VLSI industry.

PEO 2: Apply the acquired knowledge to solve engineering problems to suit multi-disciplinary situations.

PEO 3:  Undertake research and development projects in the field of VLSI system design

PEO 4: Continue his/her personal development through professional study and self- learning

PEO 5:  Demonstrate their professional, ethical and social responsibilities and contribute their part for addressing various global issues

Programme Outcomes:

The Student of VLSI system design will be able to:

1.Apply acquired knowledge from undergraduate engineering and other disciplines to identify, formulate and present solutions to technical problems related to various areas of VLSI System Design.

2.Learn advanced technologies and analyze complex problems in the fields of VLSI.

3.Design and implementation of VLSI architectures using FPGA/CPLD

4.Addressing specific problems in the field of VLSI system design in the form of mini projects, analysis, and interpretation of data and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.

5.Use the techniques, skills, modern Electronic Design Automation(EDA) tools, software and equipment necessary to evaluate and analyze the systems in VLSI design environments.

6.Understand and commit to professional ethics, social responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.

7.Develop confidence for self-education and imbibe professional values for lifelong learning.

8.Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills in accordance with technical standards.

Programme specific Laboratories:

The department offers M.Tech course in VLSI System Design. The department is having the following well equipped laboratories for the above PG programme:

  1. VLSI Laboratory (Mixed Signal IC Design Laboratory)
  2. E-CAD Laboratory
  3. Machine Vision Laboratory
  4. Mobile vision application Laboratory

Eligibility Criteria:

B.E /B.Tech /AMIE in ECE / EEE / CSE / Electronics & Computer Engg. / ETE/ IT / CSIT / Electronics & Control Engg. / Instrumentation Engg. / Instrumentation Technology / EIE / Electronics Engg. / BioMedical V Engg. / AMIETE and Electronics and Telematics Engg. (OR) equivalent / Electronics

Mode of Selection:

 The admissions are done by PGECET convener based on GATE / PGECET Ranks.

 70% of the sanctioned seats are filled under Convener quota by the Convener, PGECET.The remaining 30% of total seats are filled under Sponsored seats by the Management of Vignana Jyothi Society as per the guidelines issued by the Govt. of Telangana.

Scholarship:

A stipend of Rs8,000/- p.m may be sanctioned by A.I.C.T.E for candidates with GATE score admitted under General & SC/ST category.

Institute offer Scholarships and render financial assistance including providing loans to deserving candidates.

    
                                                                                                         

 



 


 


     
     
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING, VNR VJIET, Hyderabad
Designed and Developed by MSG