Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
IT with specialization in Computer Networks & information security will be able to
- 1.Apply the necessary mathematical tools and fundamental & advanced knowledge of computer science & engineering and computer networks
- 2.Develop computer network & security systems understanding the importance of social, business, technical, environmental, and human context in which the systems would work
- 3.Articulate fundamental concepts, design underpinnings of network & security systems, and research findings to train professionals or to educate post engineering students
- 4.Contribute effectively as a team member/leader, using common tools and environment, in computer networks & security projects, research, or education
- 5.Pursue life-long learning and research in computer networks and contribute to the growth of that field and society at large
Program Outcomes (POs):
- 1.Scholarship of knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the conceptualization of Network & security models
- 2.Critical thinking: Identify, formulate, research literature and solve complex Network & security problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics and engineering sciences.
- 3.Problem solving: Design solutions for complex real time problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for Network & security
- 4.Research skill: Conduct investigations of complex Network & security problems including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
- 5.Modern tool usage : Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering tools, including prediction and modeling, to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- 6.Collaborative and multidisciplinary work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
- 7.Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- 8.Independent and reflective learning: Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of management and business practices, such as risk and change management, and understand their limitations.
- 9.Ethical practices and social responsibility: Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice. Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a societal context and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- 10.Project management: Ability to undertake problem identification, formulation and providing optimum solution
- 11.Lifelong learning: Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning.