- To provide students with a solid foundation in Basic Sciences, Mathematics to analyze, synthesize and evaluate the information to achieve expertise in core areas of Civil Engineering.
- To equip students with modern professional abilities such as effective communication, collaborative work in diverse teams, ethical decision making, successful management of personal and professional career objectives and passion for continuous development through lifelong learning.
- To prepare the students to achieve high level technical expertise in the fields of Environmental Engineering, Geo-Technical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Water Resources Engineering and to excel in the design and construction of various components or systems of Civil Engineering.
- To provide expertise through learning advanced courses in various streams of Civil Engineering, by offering elective subjects with a view to make the students capable to pursue higher studies and research.
- To provide opportunities for students to learn multidisciplinary subjects such as Elements of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, C Programming & Data Structures and other open electives to make them a complete engineer.
- To establish acquaintance with the practical implementation of the theoretical concepts through laboratories, by bringing the real world into the academics through virtual industry labs and to enhance experimental skills of students even beyond curriculum and encouraging them to carryout mini and major projects.
- To prepare the students to continue their professional development based on their awareness of professional society activities, professional licensure requirements and opportunities for further education in graduate school.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering Knowledge: The student is capable of applying the principles of basic sciences and mathematics in learning the Civil Engineering subjects. Graduates will be proficient in the core principles of Civil Engineering as they pertain to the sub-fields of Environmental Engineering, Geo-Technical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Water Resources Engineering and will be able to apply these principles in engineering practice.
- Problem Analysis: The Graduates will possess critical thinking skills, problem solving abilities and familiarity with the computational procedures essential to the field.
- Design & Development of Solutions: The student is able to plan, analyze, design and look after the construction of various types of Civil Engineering structures with appropriate consideration for public health and safety and cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: The student will use research based knowledge and research methods to design, conduct experiments and to analyze and interpret experimental data.
- Modern Tool Usage: The student will get hands on training in the various modern Civil Engineering software and modern equipment.
- The Engineer and Society: The students will apply reasoning informed by the appropriate knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to Civil Engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: As the students possess substantial knowledge in multi disciplinary subjects, they will be able to plan the various projects keeping in view of its environmental effects on other related fields.
- Ethics: The student will apply ethical principles and commitment to profession and responsibilities of their profession.
- Individual and Team work: The graduate is capable of working productively as individual, as a member or a leader in driver set teams and in multi disciplinary settings.
- Communication: The student will excel in expressing ideas, writing technical reports with good communication skills and managerial skills.
- Project Management and Finance: The graduates will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the critical issues for professional practices such as the procurement of works, interaction with contractors during the construction phase of a project and the financial, managerial capabilities.
- Life-Long learning: The student will maintain an awareness of contemporary issues and will contribute to the well being of the community with life-long learning in the broadest context of ever growing technology.